How can I not want to dress up when I can look so good? Yes, I am vain, but only in Second Life. Thus, I spent time trying clothes on and taking pictures.
I had good intentions to get things done today and I did a few, but I found myself waylaid by the call of rampant consumerism. I’ll blame it on SerenityVal. I was playing in Flickr and not only is she managing the Second Life Vintage group, but she just started an Ivalde group.
Oh my. I do like dressing up in clothes from Ivalde. They have a very vintage feel and I’m a sucker for them. Here’s the first dress I picked:
It’s Ivalde’s Henny dress. I wore this to a wedding or partnering in Second Life. It had that dressed up look one attempts for special ocassions without being too fussy. Rounding out the outfit are:
- Hair: ETD’s Janae in Ebony
- Skin: Sin Skins’ Sultry Red in the Stratus tone
- Shoes: Enkythings’ Talyn in black
- Gloves: TaP’s medium leather gloves
- Stockings: Gracile’s Loulou stocking in black
My next outfit was more casual. It’s perfect for fall/winterish weather (which we still need to see more of here where I live — damn global warming). It’s the Turi outfit with the red skirt, but fits my need to wear purples:
There are two sweaters in the outfit folder; I picked the blue one and not the black. I’ve also included:
- Scarf: Artilleri’s Colour Thread scarf in “Pink Threads”
- Hair: ETD’s Keri in black
- Skin: Celestial Studios’ Vogue Skins in Champagne with Plum-Smoky makeup
- Shoes: Tesla’s Diva shoes in violet
The last one is my favorite. It’s the Vintage Katherine dress and I have to say that it’s wonderful to have black hair when you can wear a dress like this:
In real life my hair is light brown. Nothing dramatic and nothing eye-catching, but in Second Life I can go for the intense colors. Along with that gorgeous dress I’m also wearing:
- Hair: Sirena’s Chloe in Jet
- Skin: Celestial Studios’ Vogue skins in Champagne with Burgund-smoky makeup
- Shoes: Armidi’s Vidalia shoes in Noir Croc
I do love playing dress up, especially when you have such fun dresses to play with.